I’m in the process of moving from a one bedroom flat to (hopefully) a house with at least two bedrooms and much more floor space. I live in Oxfordshire, which is just so flipping expensive to buy in but if you go just a little bit further away you can get a lot more for your money. Especially if you buy something that’s a little run down and which needs a whole lot of updating. I’m so excited about the prospect of having an actual house to decorate and maintain, and being able to start totally from scratch is going to be so much fun. I’m playing with ideas and spending a lot more time than usual on Pinterest at the moment looking at moodboards. I’ve created my own for my dream living room, picking out some pieces I’d be really pleased to get my hands on when the move finally happens. I love the look of cool greys and browns, mixed with copper, rose gold and duck egg blues. When I move, I want to create something that looks like this…
1. The Stow Sideboard from Made.com is one of the coolest pieces of furniture I’ve seen in a while. I love the industrial edge and the big dose of copper which is so popular right now.
2. These little candles from H&M come in a range of metallic finishes and at only £1.99 each it’s easy to stock up on a few.
3. Doubling up as an extra seat, this WARM cotton pouffe from Maisons Du Monde looks like a good place to rest your feet after a long day. I love the geometric pattern.
4. The Mini Concrete Copper Vase from Not On The High Street is indeed very mini. I love concrete mixed with metals, and these are £8.50 so you can get a selection for your littlest plants. For a few more pounds they can also come with their own air plants.
5. I think a mixture of textures is so nice in any room, but especially one in which you want to create a very comfortable environment. Throws and blankets are also so useful for chillier evenings watching TV. I love this John Lewis The Basics Zigzag Weave Throw in Duck Egg.
6. I love the Natuzzi Volo sofa from Fishpools, as it’s such a classic design yet comes in a striking modern white. It has a lot of configuration options too so could work for any size or shape of room. I love all the Fishpools sofa ranges.
7. Going back to adding texture, this Hana Cushion from Very is a knitted fabric. I love the pale blue and the pattern, and it’s in the sale at the moment too.
8. The COMÈTE copper-plated metal mirror coffee table from Maisons Du Monde is so beautiful. I think I’d be scared to put anything on it and just have it sitting there looking gorgeous.
9. I thought this Nirvana Grey Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug from Wayfair was pretty cool. It’s able to be used outside so you could create a nice homely area on a patio. It’s probably a good rug to have if you have children too as I imagine it’s pretty durable. The pattern matches the pouffe perfectly.
10. I have solid oak flooring in my flat at the moment and it feels so nice to walk on. I love the mix of grey and brown tones in this Soren Solid Oak Flooring from B&Q.
11. Large indoor plants are a must for me as they bring life and colour to a room. Space is limited in my flat at the moment, so I look forward to getting some bigger plants like this Dragon Tree from Ikea when I move.
12. Going back to the concrete and metals theme, I couldn’t pass up on these beautiful Copper Dipped Cement Pots from Not On The High Street. They come in a range of colours.
13. I love cable knit and this Cotton Cable Knit Duck Egg Blue Cushion Cover from Homescapes looks perfect to cosy up in to on a rainy night.
14. This stunning Map of the World in Gold Leaf from an Etsy seller is just beautiful, striking and an unusual piece of art that I think would get a lot of compliments.
15. Moving on to lighting, a huge standing floor lamp is a must for me, tucked next to the sofa so I can read books more easily on dark nights. This Copper Curve Floor Lamp with a marble base from M&S is the one I would go for.
16. Of course, we’d no doubt have a little bar in the corner somewhere so Sean can work his magic with the cocktails. I love this Copper Effect Ice Bucket and its matching shaker and tray from Kaleidoscope.
17. To add some details and pattern to the room, I love these Denby Set of four turquoise ‘Monsoon Jerez’ coasters from Debenhams. The perfect place to sit my wine glass!
What do you think of my choices? Do you like the copper accents in the moodboard?
This post is in collaboration with Fishpools.
Sign up to my newsletter
Delivered straight to your inbox: the latest interior design trends, product launches, home styling tips and advice. Not to mention giveaways, before and after photos of my house and my favourite new budget discoveries!