Since getting into my late 30s I’ve had much dryer skin than I used to have. It means I’ve needed to adjust my skincare routine to make sure it was suitable for dry skin. I love to use soothing products which don’t irritate and which actually calm and regenerate skin. It’s fab when you find something which is a multipurpose product, saving both money and time. The Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm is just that product. This product is a one stop shop for so many skincare needs. I use it on my face, body, lips, hands and nails. It’s a gentle balm which doesn’t leave any greasy film and which sinks in quickly.
The balm is also ultra gentle, meaning you can even use it on babies. It’s perfect for the whole family, in other words.
I keep a tube on my desk and it’s been saving my hands for the past few weeks. I have my heating on for several hours during the day as I work from home. I’d noticed my hands becoming quite uncomfortable and itchy but this has really helped them. The bonus is that it sinks in quickly so doesn’t get all over my keyboard and mouse!
I also use it as a lip balm. I put it on just before I do my makeup. It sinks in for several minutes while I do the rest of my face. When it comes to lipstick, my lips are already hydrated so there’s none of those horrid fine lines or dry skin to ruin the look. Lipstick goes on smoothly and looks better.
At night time, I smooth the balm on to any dry patches, which I tend to get on my cheeks. It’s also ideal for elbows and knees, and perfect for dry feet. I’ll occasionally let Sean borrow it too…he’s not one for skincare (although I try to force it upon him!) but he does like this for his hands. It’s unisex enough for him not to feel less manly using it 🙂
My Tips For Using The Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm
There are lots of ways to use this product in addition to the ways I’ve described. Here are some fantastic reasons to keep a tube in your handbag at all times:
- use it as a barrier cream before gardening or other manual work
- rub a tiny bit on to the ends of your hair as an emergency split ends fixer
- mix the balm with some sugar granules in the palm of your hand, and you have a gentle and effective lip scrub
- protect your nose from cracking when you have a cold by layering it thinly after blowing your nose
- apply it around your hairline when dyeing hair to stop the dye sticking to your skin
- comb it through your brows with a clean mascara brush to hold the hairs in place
- apply it on your heels if your shoes are rubbing to help prevent blisters
- lightly dab it on minor burns to help protect and soothe healing skin
- mix a little blusher into it and apply to lips for a lip gloss to match your cheek colour
- use it to take off heavy eye makeup, combined with a flannel
It really is the epitome of a multipurpose product.
One of the best things about the Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm is that it is really inexpensive too at less than £10. The formula has been around for almost 100 years and uses only seven ingredients – amazing!
Are you an Aquaphor fan too?
This post is an entry for the BritMums #MyAquaphor Challenge, sponsored by Eucerin. Discover the benefits of Eucerin https://www.eucerin.co.uk/products/aquaphor/soothing-skin-balm-45ml