Granola bars have long been deemed to be a healthy snack and a great alternative to the usual on-the-go snacks like crisps. However, with food allergies on the rise and the frightening potential for allergies to be triggered at schools by other’s lunch boxes, they are sometimes avoided. MadeGood, however, have created the first allergy-friendly granola bar which is completely safe for schools.
MadeGood is a Canadian company. It was created by two sisters and their brother in 2013. The three siblings – Nima, Sahba and Salma – have grown the business from small beginnings to a company which now distributes internationally to over 40 countries. It also has the only certified organic allergen-free facility in Canada. Their products are designed to be healthy as well as safe for allergy sufferers.
The MadeGood Granola Bars
The granola bars are available in three delicious flavours. These are Mixed Berry, Chocolate Chip, and Chocolate & Banana.
They are all free from common allergies, including nuts, peanuts, egg, soy, dairy and gluten. This is great news for allergy sufferers. You can safely add the bars to lunch and picnic boxes without fear of causing any harm to anyone.
The bars are also great for the health conscious among us. They are organic, suitable for vegans, and the ingredients are also all natural. The ingredients include wholegrains and dried fruits. They also contain six different vegetables which give an extra vitamin boost to the snacks too. The oil used comes in the form of pure sunflower oil which has a lower saturated fat level than many oils.
We took these away with us on a recent weekend trip to Portland. They were a great healthy snack for our backpack. We did a lot of walking and it was great to have a healthy and filling snack for on-the-go. Sean absolutely loves the Chocolate & Banana flavour, and I like the Chocolate Chip version.
They’re also great for Veganuary as you can get a chocolate fix in a bar yet still stick to your vegan diet.
Where To Buy
MadeGood granola bars are available from ASDA stores across the UK now. Each box contains 6 x 24g bars and costs £2.79 RRP.
Three readers can each win three boxes of MadeGood granola bars in my giveaway. This is a box of each of the flavours. For your chance to win, enter via the Gleam app below. You can enter using as many or as few options as you wish. The more you complete, the higher the chance of winning. Daily options are also available. You can come back and visit every day for an even higher chance.
The giveaway is open to the UK only, and will close at midnight on Sunday 9 February 2020. Full T&Cs are also below.
Terms & Conditions:
- The giveaway is open to residents of the UK only aged 18 and over.
- The closing date is midnight on Sunday 9 February 2020.
- The prize is three boxes of MadeGood granola bars, one of each flavour.
- The prize also includes delivery to the winner’s home address.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize, the winner cannot select a different prize, and there is also no refund.
- The prize is also non-transferable.
- There will be three winners, drawn at random after the closing date. They will each have 28 days to respond to the winning notification email. I will select a new winner if there is no response in that time from any winner.
- Winners’ full first name and last name initial will be displayed on the Gleam app, unless a winner does not give consent for this.
- By entering this giveaway participants are confirming that they have read, understood and also agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.