Welcome to the ultimate guide on finding the perfect dupes for the renowned Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation.
If you’re a makeup enthusiast or a beauty lover on the lookout for high-quality alternatives that won’t break the bank, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the best Estée Lauder Double Wear dupes, exploring a range of options that offer similar benefits, coverage, and longevity.
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation is a cult classic foundation because of its exceptional staying power, impeccable coverage, and flawless finish. It also comes in a whopping 60 shades. However, its premium price tag may not always align with everyone’s budget.
A 30ml bottle of Double Wear Foundation retails for $48 USD (or £38.50 / €46.50)
It’s clearly a high end foundation with a high end price tag to match, but fortunately there are affordable yet impressive alternatives that match the quality and performance of the coveted Double Wear Foundation.
Below are the top recommendations for Estée Lauder Double Wear dupes based on various factors such as skin type, coverage preferences, and cruelty-free options. Whether you have oily, dry, or sensitive skin, or if you’re seeking a cheaper foundation with additional features like SPF protection or transfer-proof properties, this post has you covered.
W7 Legend Lasting Wear Foundation $8.70
If you’re after the perfect dupe for Double Wear Foundation then this is top of the list to try.
It’s a very affordable alternative that gets excellent reviews and constant comparisons to both the finish and the longevity of Estée Lauder’s foundation.
- Lightweight feel but provides medium to high coverage
- Very blendable and long lasting
- Extremely inexpensive
- Cruelty free and vegan-friendly
- The shade range is much smaller than Double Wear’s
For such an inexpensive product, W7’s foundation has a really impressive formula that manages to stay looking perfect for hours on end and covers like a dream without looking cakey.
Revolution IRL Filter Longwear Foundation $13
You can count on Revolution to deliver quality makeup products at good prices and this foundation is a great option to go for instead of Double Wear.
It has a soft matte finish like Double Wear and a comparable coverage which will hide redness and blemishes without the need for concealer or corrector.
- Skin-smoothing effect to glide over fine lines and texture
- Contains skin-brightening niacinamide and hydrating Vitamin E
- Comes in 30 different shades
- Cruelty free and suitable for vegans
- Not quite as long lasting as Double Wear (but still stays in place for up to 12 hours)
This is a really good dupe which is worth checking out next time you’re in the drugstore.
Shein SHEGLAM Complexion Pro Long Lasting Breathable Matte Foundation $9.49
SHEGLAM from Shein has been going viral on social media because they have some amazing makeup products that are all really affordable.
This foundation is a really good Estee Lauder Double Wear dupe because it has a very similar long-lasting coverage and finish.
- Very lightweight formula which still gives full coverage
- Comes in a wide range of shades
- Cruelty free
- This foundation does tend to oxidize on the skin shortly after application so it’s recommended to choose a shade lighter than you normally would to account for this
The price point of this foundation is amazing and it will give you incredible coverage from just one thin layer.
Wet n Wild Photo Focus Matte Foundation $6.89
This full coverage foundation has a very similar matte finish to Double Wear and looks so similar when applied to the skin that it is hard to tell them apart.
If Double Wear is one of your favorite foundations but you’re tired of paying top dollar for it this is a really good cheaper alternative for an equally flawless look.
- Slightly more matte than Estee Lauder’s foundation which works well for oily skin types
- Cruelty free and suitable for vegans
- A smaller shade range than Double Wear at only 20 shades
- Has a paint-like smell (which Double Wear also has)
The biggest difference between Wet n Wild Photo Focus Matte Foundation and Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is the retail price.
ETUDE Double Lasting Foundation $34.80
This foundation provides a medium coverage but it has a very lightweight texture so is easy to build up to full coverage if you wish to mimic the look of Double Wear.
ETUDE are a Korean brand, and this is a really good K-beauty dupe if you want one to replace your Estee Lauder foundation.
- Gives a natural matte finish like Double Wear
- Buildable coverage
- Extremely long lasting and should stay in place all day without budging
- Contains SPF 35 for extra sun protection over Double Wear’s SPF 10
- More expensive than other dupes
- Not a cruelty free brand
The finish of the Double Lasting Foundation is almost identical to Estee Lauder Double Wear and it is a bit cheaper so it’s a great choice for a dupe.
Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation $10
If you love the great coverage Double Wear gives you then you will love this full coverage, long-wearing foundation from Catrice.
It has a lightweight yet creamy formula and has that natural matte finish that Double Wear users adore.
- Contains niacinamide to brighten skin tone over time
- Very long lasting, even on oily skin
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty free
- Some people find that this foundation transfers, but a good setting spray or a touch of powder should help with that
Catrice is really leaping ahead when it comes to drugstore foundations and this one is the holy grail for lots of people.
NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Foundation $15
This is not a new foundation from NYX but it does seem to have gone under the radar somewhat as one of the best Estee Lauder Double Wear dupes.
It has amazing coverage for a drugstore foundation, and has an affordable price that comes in much lower than Double Wear.
- Contains Vitamin E to help counteract skin dryness
- Has a very wide range of shades (45 in total)
- Cruelty free and suitable for vegans
- As far as matte foundations go, NYX’s Can’t Stop Won’t Stop is very matte and therefore might not work if you have dry patches
Dry skin beauties may want to avoid this Estee Lauder Double Wear dupe as it does mattify strongly but those with oily skin will love it.
Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation Matte £6.99
This Estee Lauder Double Wear dupe claims to be a 6-in-1 product, meaning it ‘primes, conceals, covers, smoothes, protects and gives a soft matte finish’ according to the brand.
As an affordable foundation, it gets excellent reviews and many people have compared the really good coverage and long-lasting finish to Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation.
- Full coverage without a cakey finish
- Stays put for up to 16 hours
- Cruelty free and vegan formula
- Smaller shade range than Double Wear with 20 shades to choose from
- Hard to find outside of the UK
Boots and Superdrug shoppers in the UK will be able to pick this up at its very low price and it rivals high-end foundations like Double Wear in its longevity.
Revlon ColorStay Longwear Makeup $11.49
This Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation has been around for literally years (just like Double Wear) and has had various reformulations and packaging changes since its launch.
It has some die-hard fans who always use this foundation and swear by it for its excellent coverage, natural matte finish and ability to stay in place throughout long days.
- Contains the antioxidant Vitamin E to help protect against free radicals
- Stays put for at least 12 hours with minimal transfer, even if you wear a mask
- Comes in two different formulations: Combination/Oily and Normal/Dry
- A little harder to blend out than Double Wear so you need to work fast with it
- Revlon is not a cruelty free brand
ColorStay will give you a flawless makeup look which is pretty much an exact match for Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation.
Primark PS… My Perfect Colour Double Coverage Matte Foundation £5
This outstanding Primark foundation hit the headlines as an Estee Lauder Double Wear dupe just after its release, which had people racing to Primark stores to get their hands on it.
It’s a full coverage matte foundation with a long-lasting finish, just like the famous Double Wear. On the skin they look really similar and are hard to tell apart.
- Contains plumping hyaluronic acid to stop skin drying out underneath
- Extremely affordable
- Cruelty free
- Small shade range with only 8 to choose from
- Does not come with a pump dispenser so can be a little messy
- Only available in Primark stores
If you can find the right shade from this range it’s an excellent Estee Lauder dupe to try out and it’s only a fraction of the price of the real thing.
Double Wear is one of the best foundations out there if you want a full coverage, natural finish which lasts for hours on end. It’s a really expensive foundation, though, so if you’re looking to save some money any of these more affordable Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation dupes will be your best option.
DON’T MISS THIS:
Frequently Asked Questions
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation is a popular long-lasting liquid foundation known for its high coverage and durability. With a wide range of shades and a matte finish, it provides a flawless complexion that lasts up to 24 hours.
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation offers high coverage and a matte finish, whereas Estée Lauder Double Wear Sheer provides a lighter coverage but the same matte look. The Sheer version also has skin-friendly ingredients added like hyaluronic acid and watermelon, apple, and lychee seed extracts.
Yes, Double Wear foundation is great for mature skin. It provides high coverage to conceal age spots and redness, while its long-lasting formula ensures it stays put without settling into creases. Just make sure to moisturize and prep your skin beforehand for a smooth finish.
Double Wear is amazing for several reasons. It stays put all day long without needing constant touch-ups. Plus, it offers excellent coverage, effortlessly hiding imperfections and giving you a flawless look with a matte finish. With its wide range of shades, you’ll easily find the perfect match for your skin tone.
To achieve a natural look with Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation, start by moisturizing your skin for a smooth base. Apply a small amount of Double Wear Foundation using a damp sponge or brush, blending it evenly. Build it up in thin layers on areas that need more coverage, and lightly set with translucent powder to enhance longevity and control shine. You can also mist a setting spray over the top to remove any powdery or cakey look.
To avoid cakey foundation, make sure to moisturize your skin first to prevent dryness. Apply foundation in thin layers, blending well with a damp sponge or brush. For added longevity and a natural finish, consider using a setting spray. Just mist it over your face after applying foundation and allow it to dry naturally. This extra step helps lock the foundation in place and prevents a heavy or caked-on look throughout the day.
One way to determine your skin undertone is to examine the color of your veins on your wrist: if they appear blue or purple, you likely have cool undertones, while greenish veins suggest warm undertones. Also, if gold jewelry flatters you more, you probably have warm undertones, whereas if silver jewelry looks better, you likely have cool undertones.
There are several drugstore dupes for Double Wear Foundation which look identical on the skin. For example, try W7 Legend Lasting Wear Foundation, Revolution IRL Filter Longwear Foundation or Revlon ColorStay Longwear Makeup first as these are really similar to Double Wear, and the best part is that they are much more affordable.
This post contains affiliate links. A full disclosure is available from the main menu.
- How To Make Your Room Cozy & Aesthetic: 6 Easy Tricks - September 20, 2023
- 140+ Advent Calendar Filler Ideas For Adults & Kids - September 20, 2023
- 10 Affordable MAC Spice Lip Liner Dupes in 2023 - September 14, 2023