Last updated: May 20, 2023
MAC’s Fix Plus Setting Spray is one of the brand’s most well-known products.
This fabulous facial spray does it all; it hydrates, soothes, refreshes, sets makeup AND leaves a soft, slightly dewy look to the skin.
It’s been around for a very long time, and over the years has amassed a legion of fans who use it every single day.
But since it’s a high-end product with a high-end price tag this can be a costly love affair.
MAC’s Fix Plus retails for $31 USD (or £26 / €29) for the full size 3.4oz / 100ml spray bottle.
If you use Fix Plus regularly then a bottle can run out quite quickly.
This is where MAC Fix Plus dupes come in. You can get a product just like Fix Plus from another brand to save money.
These are the best Fix Plus dupes that are the closest thing to MAC’s makeup setting spray, and they come at a fraction of the price of the real deal.
E.L.F Makeup Mist And Set Spray
Widely regarded as a near perfect dupe for Fix Plus, Elf’s spray contains some very similar ingredients to MAC’s cult product.
Elf’s setting spray is a much cheaper option that’s designed to work in the same way as Fix Plus. That is, it will refresh your skin throughout the day, add a hint of hydration and revive the look of faded makeup.
- Contains soothing and refreshing aloe, green tea and cucumber, plus vitamins A, C, and E
- Very affordable at only $8 for 4.1 fl oz / 120 ml
- Fragrance free
- Cruelty free and vegan
- The spray from the nozzle is not quite as fine as MAC’s
This setting spray from Elf gives really similar results to Fix Plus and is a great affordable alternative. It will blend layers of makeup together and get rid of the look of powdery or cakey makeup.
Wet n Wild Photo Focus Setting Spray
This is one of the very best dupes for MAC Fix Plus and it is so much more affordable than the real thing.
Wet n Wild’s setting spray leaves a natural finish on the skin, which isn’t matte and isn’t dewy. It gives a slightly satin look to the skin so is perfect if you love the hint of a glow that Fix Plus gives you.
- Contains aloe vera to soothe irritation and refresh the skin
- Works as a makeup fixer to set and refresh your makeup throughout the day
- Cruelty free
- Very inexpensive at only $6.99 for 1.52 fl oz / 45 ml
- The spray is not as fine as Fix Plus so the droplets do come out slightly larger from the nozzle
Wet n Wild’s setting spray is a really good MAC Fix Plus dupe because it helps to melt makeup together into a cohesive layer, and the price difference between the two is huge.
Revolution Hydrate & Fix Setting Spray
This is a really good setting spray in its own right, but it also happens to be one of the best dupes of MAC Fix Plus.
The ingredient list for Revolution’s setting spray has some very similar beneficial additions which you will also find in MAC’s spray, and it only costs $11 for 3.38 fl oz / 100 ml.
- Has a very fine mister for even distribution over the skin
- Contains soothing aloe, hydrating Vitamin E and plumping hyaluronic acid
- Non-drying and leaves a natural, slightly dewy finish to the skin
- Vegan and cruelty free
- Not fragrance free
Overall, Revolution’s setting spray is a great option for a cruelty free MAC Fix Plus dupe because it refreshes the look of makeup products throughout the day, will keep makeup looking fresher for longer, and leaves a naturally radiant glow.
Milani Make It Last Natural Finish Setting Spray
This product is a multi-purpose setting spray that can be used as a primer, as a finisher to set makeup and as a refresher during the day.
Milani’s Make It Last has a natural matte finish which isn’t too matte and isn’t too dewy, and mimics the lovely natural finish that you get from MAC Fix Plus.
- Contains niacinamide to brighten skin and glycerin to keep it soft
- Keeps makeup in place all day without drying out your skin
- Comes out in a very fine mist
- Cruelty free and suitable for vegans
- Contains fragrance
- Only available in a small 2.03 fl oz / 60 ml bottle so needs repurchasing more often (but it is much more affordable than MAC at only $10.99)
You can use this setting spray in exactly the same way as MAC’s Fix Plus, and it will melt your makeup together while keeping it fresh and glowing throughout the day.
ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Acid Setting Mist
One of the great things about Fix Plus from MAC is that you can use it throughout the day to refresh your skin and bring your makeup back to life.
This is what makes ColourPop’s setting mist one of the best MAC Fix Plus dupes, as it’s designed to be used in exactly the same way. It also has similar ingredients to nourish the skin.
- Contains hyaluronic acid to plump up skin, and glycerin and coconut water to keep it looking hydrated and glowing
- Has a very fine micro mist which covers the face without drenching it in water droplets
- Melts makeup into one layer and turns a powdery makeup finish into a skin-like, natural finish
- Cruelty free and vegan friendly
- Not fragrance free
This is both a great dupe for Fix Plus and a really good refreshing makeup spray in general. The fact that it’s so inexpensive at $12 for 3.72 fl oz / 110 ml is a huge bonus.
NYX Professional Makeup Bare With Me Multitasking Spray
As the name suggests, this setting spray from NYX Cosmetics can be used in multiple ways just like MAC’s Fix Plus.
NYX’s spray is a really good dupe because it has such similar ingredients and is designed to do exactly the same thing as MAC’s product. The retail price is $10 for 4.39 fl oz / 130 ml.
- Contains cucumber, aloe and glycerin for softness and hydration
- Also contains salicylic acid to gently exfoliate and keep pores clear
- Can be used as a primer, makeup setting spray and makeup refresher throughout the day
- Cruelty free
- It leaves a slightly dewy glow which may be too much if you have oily skin
- Only guarantees to keep makeup in place for up to eight hours
This is the perfect MAC Fix Plus dupe if you love how refreshing the cucumber and aloe are. NYX’s spray has similar benefits for your skin as Fix Plus and is a much cheaper alternative.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
At first glance you might wonder why this face spray is included in a list of MAC Fix Plus dupes. However, this award-winning product can be used in all the same ways as MAC Fix Plus, and is more affordable at $12 for 8 fl oz / 236 ml.
This spray from Mario Badescu has some standout ingredients too which are really beneficial for most skin types, but particularly for those with dry skin.
- Contains rose water and aloe vera to make skin glow, the antioxidant gardenia extract, antibacterial thyme extract and soothing bladderwrack (seaweed) extract
- Leaves skin with a healthy glow
- Can be used as a multipurpose makeup setting spray, lightweight moisturizer and refreshing pick-me-up throughout the day
- Cruelty free
- Not recommended for sensitive skin as rosewater can sometimes act as an irritant
- Has a rose scent which not everyone likes
The overwhelming consensus when it comes to Mario Badescu’s spray is that it works just as well as Fix Plus at melting liquid and powder makeup together on the skin for a flawless, skin-like finish.
Superdrug Vitamin E Hydrating Facial Mist
This budget-friendly facial spray gives MAC Fix Plus a run for its money. It’s a multitasking beauty product which you can use in exactly the same way as MAC’s spray.
Spritz Superdrug’s Vitamin E spray on your skin before applying makeup for a touch of hydration, and layer on it during and after makeup application to melt makeup together and leave a natural finish.
- Contains the antioxidant Vitamin E and the soothing anti-inflammatory ingredient horse chestnut extract
- Very affordable at only £4.99 for 150ml
- Cruelty free and suitable for vegans
- The spray is not as fine as MAC’s Fix Plus
- Only available in the UK and Ireland
If you can get your hands on this product from Superdrug it’s really worth trying as an alternative to MAC Fix Plus. Even more good news is that it is often on sale which makes this face spray even more affordable than MAC products.
Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist
This cruelty free alternative to Fix Plus comes in at a lower price point, albeit not at drugstore prices. However it has a number of positives which make it well worth checking out.
Pixi’s spray is similar to MAC’s because it can be used to set and refresh makeup, treat the skin with beneficial ingredients at the same time, and enhance the wear of specific makeup products.
- Contains the antioxidants green tea and centella asiatica (also known as cica), plus skin-brightening niacinamide and salix alba (willow) bark extract
- Also contains soothing and hydrating rosewater, Vitamin E and glycerin
- Comes out in a fine mist to cover the face evenly
- More expensive than most drugstore alternatives (but cheaper than MAC at $15 for 2.7 fl oz / 80 ml )
Pixi’s makeup setting spray has some excellent ingredients to rival Fix Plus, and it comes at a more affordable price too.
MAC’s Fix Plus is one of those cosmetic products that everyone wishes were just that bit cheaper. Fortunately, any of these MAC Fix Plus dupes will give you the same results and save you some money at the same time.
More of the best dupes:
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer dupes
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation dupes
DON’T MISS THIS:
MAC’s Fix Plus will keep your makeup in place for up to twelve hours, while delivering a burst of lightweight hydrating ingredients plus vitamins and minerals to your skin. Fix Plus gives your makeup a natural finish, and removes any powdery residue so your makeup looks more skin-like.
While not your typical primer, MAC Fix Plus can be used in place of primer if you want to add a thin layer of hydration to your skin before applying makeup. This will help your makeup to stay in place all day, will prevent fading and will keep your skin looking plump and smooth.
Fix Plus from MAC gives a slightly dewy finish to the skin. It will remove the matte look of powder so is a great spray to use if you have overpowered and want to achieve a more natural finish to your makeup.
Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol ILN33369
To make your own DIY Fix Plus at home, you will need distilled water, glycerine and rose water. Combine all three ingredients in a spray bottle, shake it up well and spray on your face as a setting spray.
- How to Plan a Fall Road Trip in a Camper Van - June 1, 2023
- 24 Hours in New York: Spend One Perfect Day in NYC - May 29, 2023
- How to Achieve the Modern Country Home Aesthetic - May 22, 2023
Leave a Reply